Institutional Mission and Vision
The Ministry of Planning and International Co-operation has a vision to develop Somalia into a country free of poverty and to lay the foundation for sustainable growth through strengthening state capacity. The aim of the Ministry is to actively pursue best practice in national planning and strategy formulations through sound research and fiscal analysis.
- Our Vision is to become enabling and effective institution in macro-economic policy formulation, development, and program monitoring; to lay the foundation for sustainable growth through strengthening state capacity and transparency.
- Our Mission is to actively pursue best practice in planning economic and social development through sound research, strategy formulations, effective use of technology and strategic partnership with stakeholders, national and international development partners for results.
The Ministry of Planning and International Co-operation is firmly committed to excellence and effectiveness when carrying out its mandate. For this reason, the Ministry affirms the following values in the provision of all of its services:
- Performance and accountability.
- Review: Augmentation of institutional capacity; staff roles and responsibilities.
- Improvement: Conduct strategic plan and develop work plans.
- Implementation: Implement key priorities.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Provide technical monitoring and evaluations.